Colombia is blooming in the world of start-ups! The South American nation has witnessed the growth of an emerging entrepreneurial environment with dazzling potential, solidifying its position as one of the most promising destinations for start-ups. Forbes, alongside investment funds and accelerators, has unveiled its annual list of the top 10 start-ups in Colombia in 2023, highlighting companies that have shone in their innovation and contribution to the country’s business landscape.
The country has attracted a flow of investments and specialized human talent, establishing itself as a breeding ground for start-up development and growth. In a move that underscores the strength of the investment climate for these companies, the Colombian new business environment has positioned itself as the third most successful in fundraising in Latin America, only behind Brazil and Mexico.
Top 10 start-ups in Colombia in 2023
Forbes’ list was made possible through collaboration with several key entities in the business world, including the Bogota Chamber of Commerce, the Cali Chamber of Commerce, Matterscale Ventures, Endeavor, Ewa Capital, Simma Capital, H20 Capital Innovation, Andeo Capital, and Buildtech Ventures. This year’s selection has focused on 10 companies that have become true flagships of Colombia’s entrepreneurial development.
Among these standout start-ups are familiar names and brilliant innovators that are revolutionizing various sectors:
- Rappi, leading the list with its focus on e-commerce and fintech.
- Habi, revolutionizing the proptech sector with its disruptive approach.
- La Haus, another giant in proptech, transforming interaction with the real estate sector.
- Frubana, addressing e-commerce with an innovative vision.
- Bold, a fintech company noted for its bold approach to financial solutions.
- Platzi, a leader in the edtech sector, offering a unique educational platform.
- Addi, contributing to the fintech sector with innovative financing solutions.
- Chiper, revolutionizing e-commerce with a unique model.
- Robinfood, a start-up that has brought innovation to the food sector.
- Laika, another e-commerce company focused on meeting market needs with a forward-thinking vision.
These start-ups are making a significant difference in their respective sectors, not only in Colombia but also on the global stage. They demonstrate that the country’s innovation and entrepreneurship have a prominent place in the international arena.